Monday, January 18, 2010

Happiness is...three shelves

I have a small pantry. When I started couponing what was a minor annoyance became a bigger problem. So, an idea began to form in the back of my mind.  This weekend my Dad, who we call Abuelo, came to Houston and 2 hours and $42 later I now have strong, custom built shelves in my laundry room! Woo hoo, I am so excited!


Picking up the supplies



Jacob tries out the riding lawnmowers



Yep. It's level.



Will decided we need a router. Then he comes home and uses the new router to smooth over the shelf edges. It really looks perfect, once it is painted no one will ever know it wasn't built with the original house. Note, the cost of the a new router is not included in the $42 budget on this project! (MEN!) This picture however, is of the sander (which thankfully we already had!)



The beautiful finished product! OK, so really it still has to be painted but that will wait until the whole room gets painted later this year.  What a huge difference three small shelves can make.



Thank you Abuelo, we love you!

1 comment:

The Pences said...

I love grandpas that come and build shelves in laundry rooms! We have one of those, too. :) The shelves really do look great!


View My Stats