Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random New Year's Thoughts...

So it is a new year and my head is full of all kinds of random thoughts.

Thoughts about Will:
Will has lost over 20 pounds and is growing a full beard. It’s funny, sometimes I catch a glance of him out of the corner of my eye and he looks so different to me.
Will always thinks of me, puts me first in every way. After ten years, I still feel lucky!

Thoughts about Jacob:
He is talll. Tall compared to other kids his age. His 5T jeans (bought in September!) are all too short now. I need to get him a couple more pair of size 5 ones.
He is very interested in numbers, calendars, maps and time.
He talks all.the. time.
He asks questions, he absorbs everything.
He has an excellent memory.
He still has very emotional responses to things, like a toddler, but it is decreasing in frequency. This morning Bella was in a rage over having to wear a coat and Jacob told her “It’s cold outside, you have to wear a coat. Mommy and Daddy just want you to be warm.” He is growing up.
For over a year Jacob has been very specific about the exact order in which he would perform his “bathroom business” such as brushing hair, brushing teeth, nose spray etc. If one step was missed or done out of order then he would start over again or else have a meltdown. Recently he told his Dad that he thought he would be OK with switching things up a little bit now and then.
He is eating a few more foods now. In recent months we have added spaghetti and spaghetti sauce, hot dogs, hot dog buns, whole grain English muffins and a return to two foods he ate when he was smaller but then dropped: macaroni and cheese and Boca chikn patties. Hooray to a few more foods!

Thoughts about Anabel:
She is fine to go and down the stairs on her own.
She is still too short to open doors; although she loves closing doors and so she gets stuck in closets and bathrooms every day. “Hey guys!” she yells.
She is learning to ride her Christmas tricycle.
She is not as accepting of as many foods as she used to be but still eats a larger variety than Jacob.
She is very tough, if she falls or scrapes her knee she just hops right back up and keeps going.
She has one pink blanket that she loves and carries around everywhere.
She has a huge vocabulary. I understand her speech the best of anyone, so sometimes I have to translate a bit but she can speak tons of words. She speaks full proper sentences and even makes little jokes and plays on words.
She loves to scribble and color and draw.
She loves Scooby Doo. Fervently. She would watch Scooby Doo for HOURS if I let her. My mom got her a pair of Scooby Doo pajamas – she loves them and wears them as often as they are clean.
She weighs 28 pounds but has finally grown tall enough that her size 24M and 2T clothes are the right length now. She is lengthening out overall, losing some of her baby roundness. She is still pretty solid though. I’ve seen her rough house with the kids in her class, she is tough and has a low center of gravity, she holds her own.

Thoughts about me.
I am settled in at work. It no longer has that “new” job feel.
My hair is over 30 inches long. I will keep growing it until it gets in my way.
I am itching to create or build or do something; in no particular order: I want to bake some bread, make my own yogurt, start (and finish!) a crochet or knitting project, paint my laundry room and get back the abs I had in college.
I also really need a pedicure.
Find myself hungry for God’s word lately. I am desperate to spend time alone with God and then disappointed in myself for not figuring out how or when, I try at night and in the morning but am so tired and my mind is just numb. I wish there was a midday mass I could walk to from work. I need quiet; I need to hear His voice.
I have been reading the blog about a woman whose husband is very seriously mentally ill. He hasn’t left their one room flat in 6 weeks. He is afraid the Freemason’s are after him. This Sunday she was going to tell him that if he didn’t cede control of the finances and get help that she would leave (not divorce, just not live with him any more). I am completely riveted to this blog. I hope she is OK.

No comments:


View My Stats