Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In Which Bella Gets A Haircut

The teachers at Bella's school told me last week to please not send Bella to school with bows, clips or pony tail holders any more. She keeps eating them. Or rather taking them out and chewing on them, usually while running around. Yikes! This coupled with the fact that she has been looking downright shaggy lately made me cave on my original plan to grow out her fringe (bangs). It is one thing to grow them out with the help of cute accessories, just letting it hang in her face was not an option.

It had been summer of 2008 since her one and only cut to the length in back. It was long, like bra strap length (if she had such a thing) and it was all different lengths. It was very dry and tangled and she would cry every morning when I combed it out. I was reluctant to cut it because I felt sure that once we cut off her curls they would not come back as her hair seems quite straight now. The cut she got in summer of 2008 was quite crooked to begin with (1 year olds wiggle) and overall I thought it would be better to cut it blunt and get off the long straggely bits.

We had almost grown out the fringe...





See how long the back was? Oh those curls!




She wanted a magazine while we waited, so cute!



Sitting like a big girl. Still, quiet, and happy. So different from her big brother (even now he squirms during haircuts!)




There are those pretty blue eyes! I didn't take one of the back, it is  about shoulder length, healthy, straight and so much thicker. And best, best, best of all - the curls sprang back!


3 comments:

The Pences said...

Awwwww... so cute! One of the reasons I have Joanna's hair cut so frequently is to "train" it. My hairdresser is trying to get the hair to do what we want it to do: short bangs, long (same length) everywhere else. Cutting it often actually helps, even though I love the length. Joanna's hair is board-straight though. Don't know whose kid she is! Love Bella's new do -- so glad the curls stayed around!

Lisa Vandenberge said...

I'm losing the battle with Emma too. There was never a chance of wearing accessories with Anna, but I was hopeful with Emma. I don't know why teachers won't chase after our little girls to keep re-clipping their bows! :) Bella looks super cute with her haircut!!

The Beasley's said...

The curls sprang back? That's such exciting news! I hope that will hold true with us, too. Bella looks super sweet, as always!


View My Stats